First Adventure with a Crockpot

>>  Sunday, January 5, 2014

One of my goals for 2014 is to blog more, just to get things out of my head. I want to do something like Heather does and review books, tv, and movies; however, since I just got a new crockpot, I'll also discuss any recipes that I've tried!

I like leftovers, but I hate eating them for days and days. Except for poppyseed chicken... I could eat that every meal for the rest of my life! So when I cook, I try to make things that Heather can eat too, which can be difficult because Heather is lactose intolerant... and I LOVE my cheese.

For my first crockpot adventure, I wanted to make something for both of us, so I found a few recipes and let her choose. She decided on teriyaki chicken, so I made this recipe. I took an inventory of our pantry before I went to the store to make sure that we'd have all of the ingredients needed. It was really easy: mix ingredients in a bowl, put chicken in crockpot, pour mixture over chicken, cover, and wait. I made rice and grilled zucchini to go with it. It turned out really well. I've got enough left over for lunch tomorrow and another serving, which I'll probably take to work on Tuesday.

I've even printed off a menu planner to attempt to plan out my month. I've always feared doing this because I hate when I plan something and it doesn't happen, but another goal for 2014 is to not let things get to me as much. Sometimes I'll want to go out to dinner with someone or I'll be in the mood for something else or I won't be hungry, and that's okay.

I'm really excited about a recipe that I found on pinterest, a chicken and cheese casserole. I'm planning on cooking it next Sunday. I have a feeling that my new crockpot and I are going to be great friends!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP