Life is coming together quite nicely...

>>  Sunday, May 29, 2011

Friday Five! I haven't done this in AGES!!
Cooking Ingredients

  1. What is your favorite condiment? ketchup
  2. What is your favorite spice? I don't particularly like spices
  3. What is your favorite cooking oil? (Canola oil, sesame oil, butter, etc) olive oil
  4. What is your favorite starchy food? (Bread, rice, potatoes, noodles, etc) mac & cheese
  5. What is your favorite flavor for candy? generally it's cherry, but lately I've been obsessed with blue raspberry
So, ladies and gentlemen... I have a job. A real teaching job. I'll be teaching 7th grade [life] science at a middle school in my county, so I'm really excited. I had an interview last Thursday, and they called me on Wednesday and said that they wanted me! The AP that I talked to is actually the mom of one of my sorority sisters! Small world! So she gave me a great recommendation :D thanks Kristen! I have to wait for the county to approve my position, then I'll start the paperwork to get started! I'm hoping to end up in another grade [earth or physical science] in later years, but I do have recent practice teaching life science as well as tons of resources! I haven't ever dissected a frog.. literally ever. So that will be interesting. But I'm very excited! I felt very at home when I walked into the school, and I'm very excited to be a part of that school. Can't WAIT to get spirit wear and support my school!

Brother graduated from high school on Friday night. We were literally waiting until the last minute to find out if he'd make it. He had a 35 in calc at the midpoint, and if he didn't get a 70, he wouldn't graduate. He worked his butt off and pulled it up to a 72 with only the final left. He ended up making an 80 [!!!] on the final, so he PASSED. Watching him walk was incredible. I didn't know I could be so proud. It was a great day.

I'm going to Mercedes's house later for the race. We're picking drivers at 12. Her mom actually told her to invite me over! I wasn't sure that she liked me, but I guess I was wrong!  We'll probably swim later too. I've gotta go shower and maybe pick something up even though she said I don't need to bring anything but myself.

3 comments :

Lesley Anne May 31, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

Congrats on your new job Lynn, that is so exciting! What lucky 7th graders! :)

Abby May 31, 2011 at 5:31 PM  

Awesome! I remember that I LOVED 7th grade science...we got to make cells out of cookie cake and candy! :] Which middle school are you going to be at?

Lynn June 2, 2011 at 12:52 AM  

I'll be at Shiloh Middle. I'm so excitedddddddd

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP